In 2013, Selfridges teamed up with Mattel to create a small assortment of exclusive Ever After High merchandise. This happened within the context of Frieze Art Fair, which was held in London starting October 18th. The assortment includes four bags, three t-shirts, and one doll. All items have a limited production and are therefor very expensive.
The design team responsible for the four Selfridges-exclusive bags is the Fashion East crew. They created four bags total—two of which Royal-themed and two of which Rebel-themed—and assigned one designer per bag. The raccoon bag was created by Ashley Williams and was inspired by Apple White, the mirror bag was created by Claire Barrow and was inspired by Raven Queen, the tea bag was created by Ryan Lo and was inspired by Madeline Hatter, and the bear bag was created by Bobby Abley and was inspired by Blondie Lockes. The bags were on sale for £250.00 each.
Three Selfridges-exclusive t-shirts were produced, all only available in white. They each have a print of a watercolor painting by Princess Julia on them. One features a close-up of Apple White, another sports a close-up of Raven Queen, and the third one depicts partial close-ups of Apple White, Raven Queen, Madeline Hatter, and Briar Beauty. The t-shirts were on sale for £30.00 each.
- The watercolor designs used for the t-shirts were also used for carrier bags. These weren't for sale, but were given away at Selfridges's Ever After High party on October 14, 2013.
- Fashion East Designers' Fairytale Bags at vogue.co.uk
- Ever After High debuts in Selfridges with London fashion designer event at ToyNews-Online.biz
- iStyle: Toy story at Independent.co.uk
- Tues 15th Oct: "Ever After High" at FredButlerStyle.blogspot.ru
- Following Fashion Dolls 'Ever After High' at TheWorldofPrincessJulia.blogspot.com