|BFFAs||Raven Queen and Cedar Wood. Though in truth, I like everybody!|
Madeline Hatter, referred to as Maddie by her friends, is the daughter of the Mad Hatter, the character from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Madeline is looking forward to her destiny—since tea is involved—but she is not unmoved by her friend Raven Queen's wish to make her own destiny. She has a job at the Mad Hatter's Tea Shoppe in the Village of Book End.
Madeline is bright, energetic, and extremely friendly. Generally, she interprets things more positive than they are, the one exception being when people are explicitly arguing. Madeline is also extremely fond of tea and keeps an entire tea set, including her tea buddy and pet Earl Grey, in her hat to be ready for tea time wherever she goes. She has many reality and 4th wall shattering perks, such as being able to hear the narrators and claiming to see into the future- though people rarely take her seriously on either of those.
Madeline's hair is curly and comes in three colors: dark turquoise, light turquoise, and purple. She has bright blue eyes and light skin, and is a little shorter than her female classmates. Her main fashion motif is tea; most of her outfits incorporate tea set-inspired details. In addition to her hair's colors, her clothes of choice feature yellow, black, and blue. Combined with a vast array of nonsynchronized patterns, her average look is a busy one, befitting her energetic personality.
- Main article: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
Though not necessarily friends, Madeline is on decent terms with the narrators, who will stop fighting if she tells them to. As well, Madeline is the only one aware of their existence, being uniquely able to hear and talk to them.
Madeline owns a dormouse named Earl Grey.
Madeline is not currently romantically involved with anyone, but she keeps an eye open for a boy who's just as mad for tea as she is.
- May 30, 2013: The Ever After High website goes live, featuring Madeline Hatter's profile.
- May 30, 2013: Madeline Hatter's profile art is revealed.
- May 30, 2013: Madeline Hatter makes her cartoon debut in "The World of Ever After High".
- May 31, 2013: Mattel requests the trademark for Madeline Hatter.
- Early July, 2013: Madeline Hatter's first doll is released as part of the 'Basic' series.
- Early July, 2013: Madeline Hatter makes her diary debut in her 'Basic' diary.
- September 3, 2013: Madeline Hatter makes her book debut in "Ever After High: Madeline Hatter's story".
Madeline Hatter works at her father's store, the Mad Hatter of Wonderland’s Haberdashery & Tea Shoppe during the summer. On the last day of summer break, she helps nervous new student Clara Lear to make a friend.