Earl Grey is a dormouse that belongs to Madeline Hatter. He is just as fond of tea as Madeline and in-between tea times rests within Maddie's hat.
He likes to perform "knightly tasks" for Madeline Hatter. It is said that he likes to be knighted at least six times a day.
It is uncertain whether Earl is destined to be the next dormouse from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
- March 19, 2013: Mattel requests the trademark for Earl Grey.
- May 30, 2013: Earl Grey makes his cartoon debut in "Raven's Tale: The Story of a Rebel".
- September 03, 2013: Earl Grey makes his book debut in "Madeline Hatter's Story".
- He is literally named after a type of tea, earl grey. Also, Earl Grey tea is named after Earl Grey, a title of Peerage of the United Kingdom in England. The title was named after Charles Grey, 1st Baron Grey or Charles Grey, 1st Earl Grey. The tea is either named after the title or Charles Grey. Also, Earl Grey the dormouse is based on the Dormouse, a dormouse in "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland". The monarch, Charles Grey, was a monarch similar to the monarch ranking earl, much like his name implies.
- Speaking of which, in "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland", the Dormouse was a sleepy, always tired mouse (specifically, a dormouse, of course) who drank tea with the March Hare and the Mad Hatter (or Mad Hatter) (only called the Hatter in the original book of England by Lewis Carroll), and always felt the urge to fall asleep.