The diary continuity is one of the three main Ever After High continuities, told through the diaries that are included with several lines of dolls. The diary continuity lightly overlaps with the cartoon continuity, in that most storyline events are either confirmed to happen in both or implied to happen in both. However, those events do not occur in exactly the same way or in exactly the same order between the continuities, which causes them to be separate continuities.
The diary continuity is a little less story-heavy than the other continuities, but makes up for that by offering a level of insight into the characters that no other continuity does. Technically, the diary continuity encompasses all the information in the doll logs, but it's almost only the diaries that form a storyline.
The fact the diaries are created by a small team makes their continuity a flexible one. The diaries are prone to contain clever explanations to tidbits in both their own continuity and the webisodes', which makes them a vibrant read. On the downside, the continuity is completely dependent on the doll releases. If a certain character does not have a release in one of the diary-containing lines at a certain moment, their story either doesn't continue in sync with the other characters' stories and may have to awkwardly get back on in a diary entry of a later date, or it is only told through the limited perspective of other characters.
The diaries don't really touch on when they were written. However, most of them can either write about a character's past experiences, or tell a story in their own way. Depending on which character's perspective it is written in, some of the diary entries may share or mention a past event, such as Cerise and Blondie's diaries both about a similar subject at around the same time.
Although the franchise is still growing and there are not much prominent details to be addressed, a certain few may be somewhat incorrect:
- Holly O'Hair claims that her family has doubts that Poppy is really the younger twin, however in "O'Hair's Split Ends" it was only mentioned then, which gives out a significant plot hole to both the continuities.
- Alistair introduces himself as the son of Alice. He is keen on attending Ever After High.
- Apple switches roommates and rooms with Raven this legacy year and is determined to get Raven back on the evil path for her destiny.
- Ashlynn talks about her promised destiny as a child, but she now knows that not every Prince Charming has to be a prince or live in a castle.
- Blondie introduces herself and her MirrorCast show, Just Right. She also wants to clear things up and claim that she is indeed of royal blood.
- Briar is secretly a supporter of choice, but doesn't plan on making her opinions voiced.
- Bunny reminds herself about how the Evil Queen took away her home. She looks forward and is excited to start her new orientation at Ever After High.
- Dexter finds the Legacy Day dilemma beneficial for Ever After High, as it gives the students and him broader choices. He agrees to it mostly because he has a crush on a certain girl.
- Duchess considers herself an opportunist. With that being said, she plans on stealing someone else's destiny when the time is right.
- Farrah debunks her excitement for her story to start and her passion for fashion.
- Faybelle doesn't see how Raven can be so against being evil.
- Holly wishes that Poppy and her would both have their own Once Upon a Times, despite Poppy being without a destiny.
- Justine explains how life is like with 11 older sisters, but she looks up to them all.
- Lizzie still misses her home ever since she had to flee it. Deep down, she fears that she may never see her home again.
- Professor King Charming sets up an assignment about a heroic deed they did. Later, Alistair overhears rumors that before he'd transferred to Ever After High, he'd defeated the Evil Queen single-handedly.
- Apple and her friends await a welcome back speech from the headmaster.
- Ashlynn is assigned with Daring Charming in Damsel-in-Distressing class, which shocks her as Daring isn't part of her story.
- Blondie overhears Baba Yaga and Milton Grimm planning on cancelling Legacy Day. Suspecting that the student causing them to cancel is Cerise, Blondie decides on asking her roommate what's up.
- Briar is devastated after hearing from Blondie that Baba Yaga and the headmaster may plan on cancelling legacy day.
- Having joined a Party Planning Committee, Bunny makes a statement that the girls should ask the guys out for a change.
- Dexter has a race against Daring in Advanced Wooing to see who could rescue Cupid faster from the tower. Dexter takes the lead but his glasses fall off.
- The White Queen sets a midterm assignment in Princessology for each student to inspire someone with their story.
- The Three Fairy Council has a discussion with Farrah on how Ashlynn's interactions with Hunter will make all the people from the Cinderella story disappear.
- As the cheer captain, Faybelle plans for her cheer team to create a Rapunzel-themed tower, but her teammates are not up for it. Faybelle cancels cheer practice.
- Holly introduces herself as the new student at school.
- Justine gets to audition for talent shows and decides to try out for So You're Destined to Dance and gets in.
- The White Queen calls Lizzie in her office, telling her that she should be more accustomed to the rules of Ever After. Lizzie refuses to listen.
- Alistair has a flashback while waiting for Bunny at the bleachers. He remembers how the Jubjub Forest began snowing in Wonderland, but his thinking is stopped as soon as he finds himself back in reality with Bunny. He asks for advice.
- Apple finds that last year's Professor Gold has been replaced by Her Majesty the White Queen. Instead of going to their yearly back-to-school tours, Briar and Apple skive to go shopping.
- Ashlynn goes to the Enchanted Forest to clear her head. She hears a cry of distress from an animal, and pushes the huntsman in the mud as she believes that he was going to harm the squirrel. The huntsman turns out to be Hunter, and the squirrel his pet Pesky.
- Blondie plans on getting an interview with Badwolf as she spots Cerise associating with him.
- Briar plans on escaping the headmaster's orientation speech by using Holly's hair.
- Bunny tries to stir up conversation with Alistair but gets flustered.
- Dexter's lived his whole life being the shadow of his older brother, Daring.
- The White Queen isn't certain that Duchess is actually a student in her class when she's being presented a question that even she couldn't answer.
- To save the Cinderella story, Farrah accidentally offends Ashlynn by dismissing Hunter as her boyfriend.
- Faybelle is being held an ultimatum by her teammates: either they quit or she resigns as cheer captain.
- Counting Raven's rebellious acts on Legacy Day, Holly acknowledges that if Raven didn't go poof, her sister could attend Ever After High.
- Duchess, another competitor in So You're Destined to Dance, discovers the existence of the legendary red shoes. She plans on cheating her way through the competition.
- Lizzie describes how her childhood was livid, but ruined as soon as the Evil Queen came along. As the Evil Queen slowly poisoned Wonderland, Lizzie and her friends had to escape.
- As soon as Alistair sees Raven's smile, he is reminded of her mother's smile back when they met her at the doors of Card Castle. Back to the present, Raven claims that she wants to know the truth from Alistair.
- In the Village of Book End, Apple and Briar have a brief chat about the White Queen's new position in staff. Apple finds Briar catching up to someone, but she couldn't see who since she didn't wear her glasses.
- Hunter walks Ashlynn back to school, until she realizes that she'd lost her family ring. Hunter suggests a forest picnic in addition to looking for her ring. Ashlynn accepts.
- Blondie breaks into Badwolf's office and finds Cerise in there as well. Badwolf enters shortly, so Blondie runs off.
- Briar easily escapes from the orientation speech.
- Bunny decides to ask Alistair out to the dance after band practice.
- Raven inspires Dexter to get back up on his feet.
- Duchess tries advertising her fairytale in Book End, but no one seems to want to pay attention to her. She finds Ginger sneaking out of Beanstalk Bakery.
- Farrah, Cedar, and Lizzie are designing an outfit for Farrah's godmother project. Lizzie storms in late and accidentally smashes Cedar's hand-painted glass shoes.
- Faybelle reminds herself how much cheerleading matters to her.
- Holly convinces her sister Poppy that she will get her in Ever After High.
- In attempt to stop Duchess from stealing the red shoes, Justine tries stopping her but is accused of cheating by Duchess. Cerise rescues her in the nick of time.
- Kitty has something up her sleeve to make Lizzie feel better about staying in Ever After.
- Alistair consults Giles Grimm about the situation on the Evil Queen. In the process of finding the truth, Alistair discovers that the Evil Queen's plan was the turn Wonderland into Snow White's story.
- Apple goes to the Tower Hair Salon and finds Baba Yaga waiting for her there. Without an excuse, Apple gets sent to detention.
- Ashlynn is caught humming in class and several animals swarm around at Headmaster Grimm. Duchess asks headmaster a strikingly uncanny question about Ashlynn's activities earlier on with Hunter. He declares that both of their stories will vanish. Ashlynn passes out as soon as she hears those words.
- Blondie finds Cerise yelling at Holly in the castleteria. She gets Holly for an interview.
- Briar finds Cerise in Book End and asks her if she would be interested in planning the Legacy Day dance with her. As non-princesses are not allowed, Cerise politely declines.
- Bunny finally racks up the nerve to ask Alistair to the dance, but finds out that he's already received a text invite.
- Dexter plans on getting a gift for Raven but reminds himself of his Advanced Wooing assignment.
- Ginger bakes Duchess food to keep her silent about the earlier incident. Duchess finds out that Ginger sneaks her treats through Beanstalk Bakery due to her heritage. Ginger breaks it to Duchess that she's the rudest person she's ever met.
- Distraught, Farrah flies over to the Enchanted Forest to take a breather. She bumps into Hunter and he unintentionally gives her an idea for fixing her godmother project.
- Faybelle finds Briar, who gives her special advice about being a better person to others.
- Raven directs Holly to the library, to find ideas and help Poppy write her own destiny.
- Justine finds out that Ramona was looking out for her. Cerise reminds Justine to not lose sight on what's important and still try her best even if she's competing against the red shoes on Duchess.
- Kitty brings Madeline along with flamingo mallets and hedgehog balls. Lizzie becomes ecstatic. Lizzie finds that Maddie's brought Cedar too, who has trouble finding her voice. Lizzie realizes that they have the same problem.
- Alistair goes to Wonderland Grove to think things over. There, he finds his Wonderland friends and they give him an idea on what to write for his heroic assignment.
- Briar comes out of the headmaster's office and sends Apple in.
- Duchess sits by Ashlynn as she wakes up conscious. In exchange for keeping Ashlynn's crush on Hunter, Duchess blackmails Ashlynn to exchange heroes with Duchess.
- Blondie uses her MirrorCast to get her message across about her suspicions of Cerise. The headmaster cuts her short and she receives detention for a week.
- Briar is found in Book End and is sent to Headmaster Grimm's office.
- Bunny runs off heartbroken and finds herself in Cupid's room, who gives her solid advice which motivates her to go back to Alistair.
- Dexter presents his Advanced Wooing to his lab damsel Cupid and wows the audience.
- Duchess consults Faybelle and asks if she really is rude. Faybelle is blunt on the truth, so Duchess tries to rediscover her White Swan side.
- Farrah presents her godmother project to the Three Fairy Council and gets an excellent result.
- Faybelle straightens things out with her team and they reaccept her as their team captain. She then remakes the idea of the Rapunzel-themed tower and instead do something Thumbelina-themed.
- Holly finds a special book that reinstates the true rules of Ever After High and believes that it is proof that her sister can enroll.
- The next morning, Justine calls in Farrah, Raven, and Poppy to help her for her next competitive performance.
- Lizzie revisits the White Queen and apologizes to her.
- Alistair tells the truth about his encounter with the Evil Queen to the class, receiving and A.
- To save her position as Student Council President, Apple requests a room transfer with Raven to ensure that she isn't rebelling against the system.
- Ashlynn meets up with Hunter the next day for the promised forest picnic. There, he gives her her ring. Ashlynn is forced to cut ties with Hunter, but he was actually recording Duchess revealing her schemes to Sparrow, unless she wants the video of her scheming which could ruin her reputation.
- Blondie finds Cerise and apologizes to her.
- Briar finds out that she gets Apple in trouble by sneaking out. She treats her for a spa later in the week.
- Bunny asks Alistair again and he accepts her invitation.
- Dexter finds Raven crying and decides to be there as a friend, not a boyfriend.
- Duchess apologizes to Ginger and performs an inspirational dance for her story. She finds out that her dance inspired Apple to also do a ballet interpretation of Snow White.
- Holly shows the book she found to the headmaster, the rules stating that it can be more than one child per legend. Therefore, the headmaster gives in to her persuasion.
- Duchess dances first and suspiciously doesn't stop even after her performance. Next, Justine performs with the help of her friends. Her performance wows the audience and the judge, who gives her the title of best dancer.
- Lizzie goes to see the headmaster and voices her opinion about creating a Wonderland Grove. The headmaster permits it.
- As a new student at Ever After High, Cupid is a supporter of choice as a form of following her heart.
- Cedar reveals that she was cast a truth spell when she was very young by her father to avoid lying at a young age.
- Cerise talks about her family secret and she wonders if she can trust anyone to keep her secret weighing the fact that it is possible for choice in.
- Darling feels so much more than a damsel-in-distress. Although she would be labeled as a Rebel, she tries her best to keep that a secret.
- Ginger wants to ensure that no one sees her as a villain despite her heritage.
- Hunter acknowledges that he is in love with a princess outside his story.
- Kitty believes that being loyal to her friends is more important than following destiny.
- Maddie puts herself in her best friend Raven's shoes and sympathizes how hard life must be for her friend.
- Instead of luring people to their doom, Melody wants people to know that music is meant for people to come together and enjoy themselves.
- Poppy doesn't mind being without a destiny, in fact she feels freer. With a life all up to her, she decided on enrolling in Beauty School to find a job as a hair stylist.
- Raven describes how her actions have changed everything at Ever After High by refusing her destiny.
- Rosabella chooses helping others over her destiny because she finds it so much more important than that.
- Cupid's adoptive father makes Cupid transfer to Ever After High after summer vacation. Her friends from her old school Monster High throw her a farewell (or "scarewell") party.
- Cedar is confused as to how she's going to find her true voice, the asset lacking in her paintings.
- Cerise bumps into Cedar in Village of Book End, however she can't tell her that she was meant to run errands for her father, Professor Badwolf.
- Darling is ashamed at how people judge beasts, so she decides to help Rosabella by saving Rugsy.
- Ginger fails her midterms by going off-script. She is given another chance to take them.
- Hunter has a shooting game against Sparrow in the forest. Sparrow shoots an arrow and Pesky gets caught in it. When Hunter tries to chop the arrow and Pesky off the tree, Ashlynn finds him and believes that he's harming Pesky, pushing him in the mud.
- Kitty finds Lizzie unusually happy. Lizzie reveals that Daring Charming's asked her out, but Kitty is unsure if Lizzie's in the right mind.
- Maddie has a vision in the Charmitorium about the Magic Mirror whispering Raven's name.
- Melody gets a request from Briar requesting her to DJ at the O'Hair twins' birthday party.
- Holly announces to Poppy that she's officially heading to Ever After High.
- Raven and her friends are welcomed back with an orientation speech from the headmaster.
- Rugsy gets in trouble by a security guard in Book End and is charged with false assault. Later in the day, he is expelled from Ever After High.
- Cupid researches Ever After High and finds Dexter in the Charming Family Album.
- Cedar thinks that joining the glee club by getting in touch with music will help her find her voice. However, she discover that singing or playing instruments is not really her forte.
- Cerise meets up with her mother and the Mad Hatter at his tea shoppe. She gets courted by Briar who asks her if she would like to plan the Legacy Day dance with her, but Cerise knows all too well that she'd better not get involved.
- Darling is concerned at how Dexter's upset and is too distracted to help her with Rugsy. She decides on asking Raven for help instead.
- Faybelle enters Ginger's dorm and questions her if she's really a villain at heart. Ginger affirms that she just wants to cook.
- Ashlynn apologizes to Hunter that she'd pushed him. They introduce themselves and Hunter asks her to a forest picnic.
- Kitty remembers when Wonderland had to close down after the Evil Queen poisoned it. Kitty particularly feels guilty about leaving her friends Alistair and Bunny behind.
- Kitty tries posing riddles to Maddie, then she directs her to the library. Madeline is determined to ensure that Kitty can't out-riddle her.
- Melody tries preparing a perfect remix for both the O'Hair twins, but both of their requested styles were too different.
- Since she is the only student in the school without a destiny, Poppy is given the choice to choose her own schedule.
- Raven accidentally loses her temper in her evil class tour and gets the wrong impression by impressing her teacher.
- Rosabella asks Farrah to help her save Rugsy.
- After watching orientation with her looking glass, Cupid flies down to Ever After High.
- Apple meets up with Cedar and tries to make her pretend to lie as a part of finding her voice, but ultimately that doesn't work either.
- Cerise enters her father's office and locks the door behind her. Later, Blondie picks the lock and questions Cerise as to why she's breaking in his office.
- Darling wants Raven to transport her to Rugsy, but Raven's magic accidentally transports her someplace else.
- Ginger remembers how she and Faybelle were friends from childhood. They used to meet up at the yearly Dark Forest bake sales where their mothers would brag about their child to each other.
- Dexter lets Hunter borrow his fancy suit and tie for the forest picnic, although they are several sizes smaller.
- Kitty overhears Daring asking Duchess out. Kitty walks up to him and he suspects that she's asking him out. Daring plays dumb and pretends that he didn't even ask Duchess.
- Madeline hears a knock on the door in the library and decides on revisiting.
- Melody plays a drafted version of her remix, but she considers it awful. Ginger gives her helpful advice.
- Duchess convinces Poppy that Ever After High isn't the place for her. Angered, Poppy leaves.
- Raven finds out that this year she is to share a dorm with her best friend, Madeline Hatter. They play a game of "If I Didn't".
- Rosabella has an idea to save Rugsy using Farrah's glamor spells and a pumpkin.
- The headmaster makes Apple escort Cupid around the school. There, she meets Dexter in person.
- Maddie directs Cedar to Lizzie, as a recommended person to help Cedar find her voice.
- Cerise pushes Holly away by dismissing her prying questions.
- Darling finds the White Knight stuck in oblivion. She frees the White Knight but they both fall down a hole.
- Ginger discovers that someone's been stealing some of her treats. She finds Cerise, who just couldn't resist her "regular" donuts.
- Hunter hears Sparrow bragging to his friends about stealing Ashlynn's ring.
- Kitty and Lizzie have an argument. To show Lizzie what she means, Kitty takes Lizzie for a girls' night out at the place Daring was going with Duchess.
- When she goes to her new dorm, she finds that Raven is her roommate. They play a game of "if I didn't". Later, it's been known to Maddie that Apple is requesting a dorm switch.
- Melody goes to the music room and hears the melodious voice of Meeshell Mermaid. Melody asks her to star in the remix.
- Everyone visits Poppy in her hair salon later that week except for her sister.
- Raven wishes that there could be a way to change her destiny.
- Rosabella convinces her friends to ride in the pumpkin SUV Farrah's conjured up, going on a trip to Ogretown.
- Cupid discovers that Dexter considers her as only a friend, and needs her advice on how to deal with a crush.
- Lizzie tells Cedar to "paint the roses red" by not painting the roses red. Unexpectedly, this gives Cedar inspiration, filling in what she's been truly missing.
- Cerise knows why Holly's been asking her those questions recently, and that's because Cerise's incident in her office is on Blondie's MirrorCast.
- The hole's magic makes Darling have flashbacks until she lands safely on the ground.
- The headmaster and Baba Yaga fill in for Helga and Gus's spots while Ginger is being assessed. Ginger feeds her "regular" donuts to the headmaster until he has to run out for a bathroom break.
- Hunter heroically steps into Sparrow and Duchess's schemes with Ashlynn's ring and gets it back.
- Lizzie finds Daring and Duchess together. Heartbroken, she feels like she cannot trust Kitty anymore.
- Maddie meets Giles Grimm and learns that he's been cursed with a babble spell. She decides on bringing Raven to him.
- Melody's remix is a success after counting on old and new friends to help her through hardships.
- Poppy discovers that Holly's isolated herself in her room indefinitely. She is determined to save her sister before that jeopardizes her fairytale.
- Raven is given a chance to choose an extra class. Her first choice is music.
- Rosabella shows her friends that the ogres are misunderstood.
- Cupid realizes that her attempts to make Dexter like her back are failing. She gets advice from Raven to follow her heart instead of trying to impress someone.
- Cedar's next piece in art class amazes her professor. She gains knowledge that finding something she'd been missing was as easy as smelling the roses.
- Blondie apologizes to Cerise for the damage she's done.
- Darling discovers that she's been transported to Wonderland. The White Knight with her decides on resting for a while, but Darling knows that she has to take charge. With that being said, she decides on filling in for the White Knight by using his armor.
- Baba Yaga suspects that Ginger cast a spell on the donuts, but Ginger evidently just baked her "regular" donuts. Baba Yaga gives her a passing grade, which motivates Ginger to create her own MirrorCast called Spells Kitchen.
- Hunter returns Ashlynn's ring and is given a thank-you hug in return.
- Kitty reminds Lizzie the importance of her destiny over tea. The two make up and become friends again.
- Giles affirms to Maddie and Raven that destiny is a myth. If Raven has enough courage to declare rebellion on Legacy Day, everyone will be inspired to do the same.
- Poppy scours Holly's dorm tower. Holly writes a story about Poppy called The Second Twin and Poppy is prompted to finish it.
- Raven is told by Giles Grimm that if she pledges to write her won Happily Ever After, she could be free to write her own story.
- The headmaster gets the truth of the Book End incident and sends Rugsy back to Ever After High.